Canada Work Permit Visa 2024 There are 2 types of Canada Work Permit Visa 2022: an open and employer-specific work permit. This is different from your travel visa which allows you to enter the country. In fact, you should get both before you take action. Incomplete applications can lead to delays or rejections depending on where you are applying for a work permit and whether you have submitted a complete application. You need to know how to fill out the form correctly or submit any supporting documents.
Just click on the link below or 3 easy steps on how you can get your Canadian work permit and join the thousands of newcomers who can now call home in Canada.
Why you should apply online
- No courier fees or mail delivery time – we get your application instantly.
- Online applications may be processed more quickly.
- Avoid processing delays. Incomplete applications are returned to you. Applying online helps ensure your application is complete before you submit it.
- If we need to ask for more documents, you can quickly submit them online.
- You don’t need to submit your passport until we ask for it.
- Get updates on the status of your application directly in your online account.
Eligibility requirements for all applicants
There are specific requirements you need to meet depending on where you are when you apply for your work permit.
But regardless of where you apply or which type of work permit you apply for, you must:
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate).
- not be a danger to Canada’s security
- be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed
- not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions
- not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages, and
- give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country
The Canada Work Permit Visa is ideal for temporary workers, foreign graduates from Canadian universities, businessmen and others who need to work in Canada.
General Qualification Requirements
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada after your work permit expires.
- Documents showing that you have enough funds to support you and your family while in Canada.
- There is no record of any criminal activity and submit a police clearance certificate as evidence.
- There is no danger to Canada’s security.
- Must have good health and take a medical examination if necessary.
- There are no plans to work for any employer listed as ineligible by the government.
- Because they do not meet certain conditions.
- You must be prepared to provide any documents required by the authorities to qualify for entry into Canada.
Get the right work permit for your situation
There are 2 types of work permits.
1. Employer-specific work permit
An employer-specific work permit lets you work in Canada according to the conditions on your work permit, such as:
- the name of the specific employer you can work for
- how long you can work
- the location where you can work (if applicable)
2. Open work permit
An open work permit lets you work for any employer in Canada, except for one that:
- is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions or
- regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages
You can only get an open work permit in specific situations. Not sure which one you should get? Find out what type of work permit you need for your situation.